Data processing, transparency and information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GPR) :
In this Privacy Statement we describe and inform you about what Personal Data we process about you, how we process it, for what purposes we process it, to whom we may provide it, how long we retain it, how we secure it and what rights you have.
This Privacy Statement was drawn up pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, which entered into force on 25/05/2018.
EOS Contentia is a collection company. It is located at Industriëlaan 54K, 7700 Moeskroen/Mouscron, Belgium and has company number 0454.609.009.
A debt collection company can recover debts according to 2 scenarios:
- Customer/partner: the companies that either entrust EOS Contentia with a service contract for debt collection or sell a debt portfolio to EOS Contentia.
- Debtor: the debtor of the debt, either to the customer/partner in the case of a debt collection service contract or to EOS Contentia in the case of a debt transfer
1° as a service provider for creditors
Our customers or partners, the creditors, entrust the recovery of their outstanding claims against debtors (debtors) to our company. Our firm offers debtors the possibility of paying their debts by means of an amicable settlement, without any legal proceedings. If the debtor fails to do so, legal proceedings can still be initiated for the recovery of the debt.
2° as principal or assignee in the context of a contract, in particular for the management and collection of debts when EOS Contentia has taken over a portfolio of debts from a creditor.
The processing of debtors' personal data is carried out on the basis of:
- If recovery is amicable: the activity of debt recovery as permitted and regulated by the law of 20 December 2002 on the amicable recovery of consumer debts;
- If recovery does not take place amicably (e.g. on the basis of a judgment, a court order or a notarial deed): EOS Contentia's legitimate interest in recovering the debt entrusted to it by the creditor or sold to it by the creditor. The creditor has a legitimate interest in recovering the debt from the debtor. It respects the interests of both parties.
Reporting and analysis:
- Performance of contractual obligation towards creditor
- the justified importance of EOS Contentia in optimising recovery procedures and evaluating the outstanding debt(s) in the context of a debt transfer.
Audit and control:
- By the customer: performance of a contractual obligation towards the creditor;
- By public authorities: legal obligation
For all other processing operations: the justified interest of EOS-Contentients, which consists of
- improve recovery procedures,
- increase the security of offices and systems,
- organising debt recovery faster, more efficiently and more cheaply
- monitoring and processing of the optimal functioning and security of all software and IT systems.